- A major career decision was to establish a small studio in a natural setting where we could focus on creating a limited number of carefully crafted projects. We began on the Mendonoma coast in 1971 and relocated to the Dry Creek Valley near Healdsburg in 1993.
- Our work is recognized as insightful, exemplary, and distinguished.
- Our work has a personal and humane spirit based on concern for the people who will occupy our buildings – resulting in places people love to use and experience.
- Our work distills complex requirements and relationships down to a few simple strong ideas and strives to synthesize these into simple, strong forms.
- Our work is aesthetically refreshing, technically accomplished, and has received over 40 design awards. In 2008 Obie was inducted into the College of Fellows in the American Institute of Architects.
- Our work is reverently respectful of Mother Nature – our proudest accomplishment is when we are able to create projects that resonate with their settings.
With a legacy of site responsive buildings Obie continues to work with the landscape and brings insight into the work of our studio. Obie grew up in Los Angeles County and received a Bachelor of Architecture from Arizona State University (1967).